Sunday, August 24, 2008

Things I Learned Watching US vs. Spain

1. Dwyane Wade is really, really good. Like really good.
2. No matter how D-Wade is, defenses will still gear up to stop LeBron. Now I know that greatness is measured by championships, but if LeBron can win just 1, I think he has a real shot as surpassing Jordan.
3. Ricky Rubio needs to be the next point guard for the Knicks. I don't care what we have to trade to get him. I can't get the thought of him and Gallinari playing for Mike D'Antoni out of my head.
4. Chris Paul seems like he would be cool to hang out with. No reasoning, no proof, just my gut instinct.
5. Jorge Garbajosa might be the one NBA to Europe defection I'm upset about. He was fun to watch play.
6. If the Americans genuinely care about winning and are willing to put in the work and play unselfish basketball, nobody will ever walk into a game with them as less than 20 point underdogs. Can they be beaten? Sure, any team can. But nobody plays this game like we do.

No comments: